Soldiers’ Angels staff is working tirelessly amid the COVID-19 pandemic to provide aid and comfort to deployed service members, their families, and veterans in need. We strongly believe that it is our responsibility to ensure that No Soldier Goes Unloved, No Soldier Walks Alone, No Soldier is Forgotten, Until They All Come Home.
Below are some of the ways that we are assisting our brave men and women in uniform and those who have fought so gallantly for our freedom in the past. Many of these services are geographic-specific depending on the needs of the VA Hospitals and communities that we support.
- Providing Tablets and devices for veteran patients at VA’s to video chat with family and/or virtually visit with Soldiers’ Angels staff and volunteers.
- Providing medical transport for homeless COVID positive veterans to get to a designated quarantine housing facilities.
- Providing non-perishable box lunches: for low-income veterans who cannot get out to the grocery store due to quarantine measures; for homeless veterans.
- Making and providing handmade masks to VA Hospital personnel as well as active duty and deployed service members and their families.
- Providing hygiene kits to VA staff to hand out to veteran patients at the VA on lockdown whose families cannot come in and bring them these items from home.
- Providing hot meals to VA Hospital Medical Staff on the front-lines of health care.
- Supporting deploying and deployed units who were activated for COVID relief with care packages, meals, hygiene and snack items, and other immediate needs.
- Supporting the caregivers of wounded, ill, or injured service members in our Women of Valor program with supplemental food to help them feed their families.
- Hosting Mobile Food Distributions in six locations throughout the United States (San Antonio, TX; Detroit, MI; Atlanta, GA; Orlando, FL; Charleston, SC; Denver, CO) by providing groceries to over 200 low-income veterans and their families. We will continue this service within the guidelines of the federal, state, and local governments.
- Sending care packages to deployed service members in areas where supplies are limited.
- Delivering meals to veterans who are elderly or have health conditions that limit their ability to leave their homes for food due to COVID exposure risk.
- Purchasing large quantities of hand sanitizer from distilleries or working with donated hand sanitizer from distilleries and transferring to smaller bottles to be included in care packages for deployed service members as well as for use by our volunteers at Mobile Food Distributions.
As additional needs arise, we will be ready to serve based on our resources.
We would welcome your help. Visit https://soldiersangels.org/COVIDVirtualSupport.html for ways to volunteer virtually. To make a financial donation to help our COVID-19 responses, visit https://soldiersangels.org/donate.html. Thank you – stay safe and healthy!
Thank you to these incredible organizations for stepping up to support our troops and veterans during this crisis:
- Alamo Chapter - AFCEA
- Atlanta Community Foundation - Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation
- Bank of America
- CMI Orchards
- FCA Foundation
- Fifth Generation, Inc. - Tito's Handmade Vodka
- Flagstar Foundation
- Food Lion - Charleston, South Carolina
- Food Lion - Atlanta, Georgia
- Lockheed Martin
- National Disability Institute
- Nike, Inc.
- San Antonio Area Foundation
- Sunstate Foundation
- United Way of Greater Atlanta and Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta
- Wells Fargo Foundation – San Antonio