What are You Doing on Veterans Day?
How are you planning to honor America's heroes on Veterans Day, November 11? This year, Veterans Day is on a Sunday, making it even easier for most people to actively show their gratitude for the service and sacrifice of America's heroic veterans. On this day set aside to honor the living heroes among us, it's vital that our voices of gratitude and support ring out to them, loud and clear!
So, here's a chance to spread your Angel wings to honor and give back to those who have given so much. Need some ideas?
- Visit your local VA hospital or clinic to drop off UNSEALED cards of gratitude for patients.
- Join the VA Support Team
- Use Facebook or other online platforms to post pictures and tell the stories of veterans you know
- Check your newspaper or search online for local Veterans Day activities to join
- Attend your local Veterans Day parade
- Choose a veteran family in need to support with a financial gift through Op Outreach
- Fly the American flag in honor of America's heroes
- Call your local VFW, American Legion or other veterans' group and ask how you can support veterans in your community
- Ask your place of worship to plan a special prayer for Veterans Day Weekend.
They have sacrificed to serve us. What will YOU do?
All photos courtesy of dvidshub.net (click each for details).