Be[come] An Angel Day!
The best way to celebrate Be an Angel Day by joining Soldiers’ Angels! Here's how you can become an angel.
August 17, 2017
August 22nd is Be An Angel Day, a special day meant to encourage people to perform random acts of kindness and to help those in need. So we thought, what better way to celebrate than to encourage people to BECOME a Soldiers’ Angel!?
We have 109 troops awaiting adoption and countless other families and veterans who could use your help. Soldiers’ Angels are bakers, letter writers, knitters, and sewers. They send packages, visit patients in the VA Hospitals, organize luncheons, pass out food at mobile food distributions, and send supplies overseas. There are so many ways you can contribute and serve those who have done so much for us: our military heroes, veterans, and their family members.
If you aren’t an angel already, there are several ways to join:
By joining one of our teams
- Angel Bakers Team – Support a service member with one-time care package of baked goods.
- Cards Plus Team – Support the military community with cards of celebration and encouragement.
- Chaplain Support Team – Support the Chaplains who support our service members.
- Deployed Adoptions Team – Support a service member throughout their deployment.
- Ladies of Liberty Team – Support female service members with a one-time care package.
- Letter Writing Team – Support service members with a one-time letter writing opportunity.
- Adopt-A-Family Team – Support a military family this holiday season.
- Living Legends Team – Support and comfort the loved ones left behind when a warrior falls while in the performance of military duty.
- Operation Top Knot Team – Support expectant spouses of deployed service members and expectant active duty female service members by providing virtual baby showers.
- Sewing and Crafting Team – Support veterans, service members and their families by creating handmade gifts.
- Women of Valor Team – Support female caregivers of Post 9/11 wounded, ill and injured service members.
By Volunteering in one of our Veteran Support Efforts
- VA Hospital Support – Soldiers’ Angels volunteers are authorized to work in over 30 VA Hospitals across the country providing support in a variety of ways.
- Stand Down Support – Participation in “Stand Downs” organized by VA Hospitals.
- Homeless/Low Income Veteran Support – Soldiers’ Angels hosts and organizes events and initiatives that benefit homeless & low income veterans.
- Corporate Engagement Opportunities – Soldiers’ Angels organizes many different opportunities for corporations and organizations to sponsor & participate in programs that give back directly to our veteran community.
If you are an angel already, we encourage you to share this blog and encourage others to join! Our goal is to get 109 new angels to match the 109 troops awaiting adoption.
Want to just do something nice and give back that day?
Here are a few ideas:
We’d love to hear what you’re doing for Be Angel Day! Leave a comment!