Support Soldiers’ Angels through AmazonSmile
August 31, 2022
You know all of those purchases you make on Amazon that are just so convenient? Did you know that if you made those same purchases through AmazonSmile, Amazon will donate a portion of sales to your favorite nonprofit? Yep. When you go to smile.amazon.com, you can select the qualifying 501c3 of your choice, shop to your heart’s content, and Amazon will donate .5% of qualifying purchases to that organization.
Here’s the catch: you have to remember to use AmazonSmile when you shop. NOT the regular Amazon shopping website. Here’s how it works on a web browser and on mobile devices.
How to use on a web browser
If you’re on a laptop or desktop computer, here’s how it works.
- Visit smile.amazon.com
- Sign in with the same account you use for Amazon.com
- Set your charity as Soldiers’ Angels
- Start shopping! Remember to check out at smile.amazon.com to generate donations for Soldiers’ Angels
Tip: Add a bookmark to make it easier to shop at smile.amazon.com
How to use on the Amazon app or on your mobile phone
Shopping on mobile? Here’s how it works.
- Open the Amazon Shopping app
- Navigate to the main menu (≡)
- Tap on Settings and then select “AmazonSmile”
- Set your charity as Soldiers’ Angels and then follow the on-screen instructions to turn ON AmazonSmile in the mobile app
- Once AmazonSmile has been activated in your app, future eligible app purchases will generate a donation for Soldiers’ Angels.
Note: The tablet app is not yet supported. Please visit smile.amazon.com/onthego to learn more.
Use the Smilematic Browser extension
Have trouble remembering to go to Amazon Smile? Consider using the browser extension Smilematic to automatically redirect you to AmazonSmile whenever you shop at Amazon!
There you have it. Shop online and know that your purchases help support troops and veterans (or the charity of your choice). Happy shopping!