Our Waitlist of Adoptees is Full!

Posted on Aug 18, 2016 by aray  | Comments (25)

Have you heard of the Soldiers’ Angels Deployed Adoptions Team? The Deployed Adoptions Team (DAT) is a team of dedicated Angels who support male and female service members deployed overseas in support of combat or humanitarian missions. The DAT goal is to ensure that no service member feels alone throughout their deployment.

Deployed service members register with the Soldiers' Angels organization and then await selection by a DAT Angel. The DAT Angel will then send their service member at least one letter per week and one care package per month until the service member returns home. The Deployed Adoptions Team is composed of thousands of dedicated Angels who invest their own time and funds to support thousands of our valued service members annually.

Right now we’ve got a pretty high wait list for soldiers who have requested to receive care packages. In fact, we’ve got 285 soldiers awaiting adoption. In order to encourage more people to sign-up, we thought we would tell you about a few of the troops we’ve got on the waitlist so that you get to know more about our troops serving overseas.

Without further ado, meet some of the brave men and women who would love to receive letters and care packages from home!

Michelle S.

Michelle is stationed on the USS Ronald Reagan. She grew up in Newport News, Virginia. She joined the military to follow in her father’s footsteps, and she would someday like to open a non profit organization to benefit troubled youth. Michelle likes Hello Kitty, animals, and non fiction novels.

Julian J.

Julian is a soldier on his second deployment. Originally from American Samoa, Julian became a soldier because he wanted to serve his country and be a role model to his siblings. He enjoys spending time with his three year old son, watching comedy movies and tv shows, and cooking.

Dade B.

Dade is a soldier on his first deployment. Dade is originally from Chicago, and his friends call him Woody. He follows his family’s tradition of serving in the military. Every generation of Dade’s family has served since they arrived in America. Dade enjoys reading and working out.

Jonathan H.

Jonathan from Meridian, Mississippi, is a soldier on his first deployment. Jonathan is engaged and serves in the military following in his brother’s footsteps. Jonathan loves soccer and his two dog ‘children’.

Amanda W.

Originally from Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Amanda “Woolly” is on her second deployment with the Air Force. Amanda follows in the footsteps of her father, who served in the army. Amanda enjoys working out, playing volleyball, watching movies, and most of all, spending time with her two beloved fur babies, Bella and Ellie.

Mark D.

Mark has served for almost thirty years, as active duty military as well as guard and reserve. Mark is originally from the small town of Chester, Illinois. He’s married to “an amazing woman named Alicia”, and has four kids, Alex, Brianna, Kirstin, and Markayla. Mark serves because he wants to help the country and to learn a great trade. Mark’s favorite things to do are anything involving his family, cars, and woodworking. Mark hopes to one day own his own shop.

Justin D.

Nicknamed “Delchamp”, Justin is on his fifth deployment with the Navy. Justin is originally from Renton, Washington, and is happily married to his beautiful wife, Nadine, who is in the Airforce. Justin and Nadine have a four month old daughter named Isabella. Justin enjoys traveling, playing the guitar, golfing, and fishing.

Kenya G.

Kenya is a soldier on her second deployment. She is originally from Hopkinsville, Kentucky. She joined the military to better herself, gain leadership skills, and travel the world. Her favorite activity is going out with her girlfriends.

Thomas N.

Originally from Olney, Maryland, Thomas is on his first deployment with the Navy. Thomas follows in the footsteps of his grandfather, who was an aircrewman and an officer before he retired. Thomas’ favorite things to do are skiing and playing soccer. If adopted, Thomas promises to share any care packages he receives with his division.

Jared L.

Jared is on his first overseas deployment, and is originally from Idaho. He is ecstatically married for almost five years with two children, a crazy three year old girl and a stubborn nine month old boy. Jared follows in the footsteps of his father, who was a career officer in the army. Jared enjoys spending time with his family, skiing, reading, and running.

Want to sign-up? Click to find out more.

Comments (25)

1. Carole Mould:
    Aug 18, 2016 at 06:19 PM

I would be very honored to be able to write to one of our heroes.

2. Linda Haun:
    Aug 18, 2016 at 06:37 PM

Hi... Would love to sign up to adopt s solider
    To write and send package. Please let me be
    Someone penpal. Thank u Linda Haun

3. Linda Haun:
    Aug 18, 2016 at 06:40 PM

Will wait to be contacted

4. Bruce Tillman:
    Aug 18, 2016 at 09:49 PM

Know that there a lot of people here in America that continually pray for all our soldiers and this will continue as long as needed.

5. Lisa m thompson:
    Aug 19, 2016 at 01:25 PM

Do you have a pen pal list? We're actually interested in this, my grand daughter and i, and we would like to know more about adopting a soldier. Thanks.

6. Emilie Clark:
    Aug 19, 2016 at 02:58 PM

I am in Canada but if eligible I would be more than happy to participate. 😃

7. Janice Greer:
    Aug 19, 2016 at 11:41 PM

I would love to support a soldier that is over seas, I care about our troops a lot.

8. Melany Silvis:
    Aug 19, 2016 at 11:45 PM

I would gladly write letters to our men and woman over seas. My family goea back many generation's of military personnel. My father has served twice and I know how much he enjoyed reciving cards and small thing such as pepperoni garlic socks decks of cards and cookies. I cant afford to ship packages but i will gladly write.

9. Debbie Jay Kizzia:
    Aug 20, 2016 at 11:21 AM

I like to get information and sign up
    O dobt mind being a penpal and I'll be honored to do so

10. jeanette yarger:
    Aug 20, 2016 at 09:23 PM

I volunteer here in Richland, WA with some great people with Washington Operation Thank You (check out our web page). We would love to send a few care packages to some one. Please send an address, or two, or three. Thank you

11. Jeanette Yarger:
    Aug 20, 2016 at 09:37 PM

Would love to adopt 3 at this time. Please email me addresses. Thank You,
    Jeanette,
    Washington Operation Thank You

12. Cynthia Leon:
    Aug 20, 2016 at 11:34 PM

I just registered tonight (8/20/16) and am very excited to "adopt" a soldier. My sister is a 4 times deployed combat medic with the 101st Airborne. My uncle served -briefly- as a SeaBee in the Navy before being killed in a freak accident during training.

Know that you are not and will not be forgotten. EVER!

13. Teresa Shapley:
    Aug 21, 2016 at 11:12 PM

Would love to write and send care packages to our troops.

14. Soldiers' Angels:
    Aug 22, 2016 at 11:09 AM

Wow! What a fantastic response we have received from this blog! Thank you all for your interest in joining our efforts in supporting our deployed service members! A member of our team is going to reach out to all of you soon and provide you with more information on how you can get started sending letters and/or care packages to service members just like the individuals outlined in this blog. Please watch your inbox for an email from an address that ends in @soldiersangels.org.

15. Barbara Bennett:
    Aug 23, 2016 at 11:11 AM

i have been a member for years lost contact info would like to help again

16. LaRita:
    Aug 23, 2016 at 08:24 PM

I will be more than delighted to adopt a soldier or two. It will bring me so much joy to do this in honor of my fallen hero, my brother SFC Christopher Burks.

17. Jamie Johnson:
    Aug 24, 2016 at 01:29 AM

I would love more information. This is such a wonderful thing to do.

18. Donna Kirl:
    Aug 24, 2016 at 06:18 PM

I would love to be able to send and recieve letters from our soldiers.

19. Jennifer:
    Aug 25, 2016 at 02:38 AM

I would be honored to write and or send some care packages to out soldiers. It would be ideal to write a soldier from Maryland, however I'm not picky. Please let me know how I can help.

20. Sarah Spaulding:
    Aug 25, 2016 at 02:55 PM

It would be an honor to adopt a military solider because of their sacrifices that I am able to enjoy our freedom. I have been looking to be a pen pal to our great Heros!
    ❤️Sarah

21. Stephanie Carpenter:
    Aug 26, 2016 at 02:12 AM

I would love to be a part of soldiers angels!

22. Lorena:
    Aug 29, 2016 at 03:34 PM

The effort and sacrifices of your men and women are very appreciated all over the world. I know you have troops here in my country (Romania). Am I allowed to also wright to some of the soldiers? Or send some care p? It should be easier. I want to thank them for making the world a safer place for us all.

23. Soldiers' Angels:
    Sep 07, 2016 at 01:24 PM

Hello Lorena and great question! You are absolutely allowed to join Soldiers' Angels and write to American service members! We have "Angel" members all over the world from many different countries. Please feel free to learn more about becoming an Angel here: http://soldiersangels.org/team-angel-info.html

24. Kim:
    Nov 25, 2016 at 09:23 AM

I would like to know how to send Christmas cards to soldiers this Christmas season and every year.

25. Soldiers' Angels:
    Nov 28, 2016 at 02:14 PM

Kim, we have a program called Soldiers' Angels Holiday Community Partners. If you join this program, you can create holiday stockings that include Christmas cards. These stockings will be sent to deployed service members and also distributed to veterans at VA Hospitals. Registration for the program this year is already complete, but keep us in mind for next year! Registration usually opens in early fall. Here is more information: http://soldiersangels.org/Holiday-Community-Partners.html