Soldiers’ Angels Gets Tapped for 2015 Homefront IPA
Soldiers’ Angels is excited to announce that all proceeds from Hops for Heroes Homefront IPA will go to Soldiers’ Angels.
February 26, 2015
We are excited to announce that we have been chosen as the 2015 military charity for Homefront IPA! Homefront IPA is a collaborative beer brewed across the country with the aim of giving back to military personnel. It’s put together by an organization called Hops for Heroes – a group of breweries who want to give back by doing what they love: making beer.
“It was important for the group to find a charity that shared its compassion for our military personnel. After a tedious review process, we felt that Soldier’s Angels and their commitment to serving our troops was in line with our own.” – Chris Ray, Co-founder, Hops for Heroes and Center of the Universe Brewing Company
Hops for Heroes was created in 2011 by craft breweries’ desire to team up and support our men and women of the armed forces. The result of this desire is Homefront IPA, a beer Aged on Louisville Slugger maple bats.
The effort started with 2 breweries and has grown every year. This year, the beer will be brewed by
- Center of the Universe Brewing Company, Ashland, VA
- Fremont Brewing Company, Seattle, WA
- Cigar City Brewing, Tampa, FL
- Perennial Artisan Ales, St. Louis, MO
- 21st Amendment Brewery, San Francisco, CA
- Left Hand Brewing Company, Longmont, CO
- Stone Brewing Co., Escondido, CA
- Palmetto Brewing Company, Charleston, SC
- Maui Brewing Co., Lahaina, HI
- Revolution Brewing, Chicago, IL
Above and beyond the fact that this beer was designed to give back, 100% of the proceeds from the beer will go to Soldiers’ Angels to help us support military personnel, veterans, and their families.
Along with the breweries who so generously donate their time and resources to make Homefront IPA, there are several sponsors who donate product and supplies to the effort:
- Louisville Slugger – bats to age the beer on and late raffle off to raise more money.
- Hops Direct – Hops
- Cargill – Grain
- Crown – The cans the beer will be sold in
“Soldiers’ Angels is proud to be the beneficiary of Hops for Heroes in 2015. Hops for Heroes is a great program that supports the heroic efforts of our American Heroes and makes a wonderful beer. We can’t wait until Memorial Day for the release of Homefront IPA.” – Jennifer Cernoch, VP of Operations, Soldiers’ Angels
Look for the beer to be released around Memorial Day in each participating breweries’ markets.