How To Donate Halloween Your Candy
October 29, 2021
B101 Kristin Lessard & Steve Kelly | October 29, 2021 | By Steve Kelly
Halloween means scoring a nice pile of candy for the kids, but you can also share it.
BTW, mom and dad, we don’t mean to you… we mean to charities. Instead of forgetting about the leftover sweets here are some charities that are happy to take the goodies to pass on some cheer.
- Treats for Troops- Run by Soldier’s Angels, this program allows you to send sweets to soldiers. Kids can earn buyback prizes, and you can get a tax deductible receipt for your donation.
- Halloween Candy Buy Back- This group partners with businesses such as dentists offices to get extra candy out of the hands of your little ones in exchange for healthy items such as toothbrushes, hygiene kits and coupons.
- Operation Gratitude- Deployed troops and first responders will be touched that you sent them your sweets while they are working hard, far away from home. Last year, they received and distributed a record-breaking 533,891 pounds of candy!
- Operation Shoebox- This organization is ready to receive your candy donations — they distribute candy on Halloween, Christmas and Easter to troops that are missing the festivities while away from home.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities- Call your local chapter to find out rules on bringing your unopened Halloween candy for severely sick children and their families to enjoy.
You can also contact your local food pantry, homeless shelter or nursing home to see if they accept it.